There are several ways to save on your monthly energy bill while lessening the negative impact of energy use on our planet:
1. Energy saving light bulbs is the way to go. One energy saving light bulb could save you 26kg of carbon dioxide and more than 10$ off your energy bills every year. And since there is an increasing need for them in the market, the availability of the low energy bulbs today is better than ever before. You can even choose from a variety of shapes and sizes, not mention whether or not they are dimmable bulbs.
2. Don’t forget sunlight. Natural sunlight warms us up and makes your staff healthier and happier. That is why it is a shame that as soon as the sun goes down, more often than not, people would rather close the curtains and put the lights one. Natural light is good for us so try using it as much as possible.
3. Turn out the light. Leaving the lights on in empty rooms will just drain your electricity account as well as the environment. If you are not using a light, turn it off. Simple as that. If only more people would keep this in mind, then we’d all save energy and money.
4. Use bulbs sparingly. You don’t have to use a two or four-bulb light fitting. Instead, use the single ones – it’s cheap and simple improvement to make.
5. Always look for A grades. When buying an electrical appliance such a microwave for the pantry or office copier, always remember to look for the “grade A” energy sufficiency logo, as this means that the appliance is the most efficient of its type. These companies also tend to have a green business blog dedicated to providing continual information on how consumers can keep improving the energy efficiency of their home.